Objective of essay- A symbol is an object, action, or event that represents some
Home » English  »  Objective of essay- A symbol is an object, action, or event that represents some
Objective of essay- A symbol is an object, action, or event that represents some
Objective of essay- A symbol is an object, action, or event that represents something else or that creates a range of associations beyond itself. In literary works a symbol can express an idea, clarify meaning, or enlarge literal meaning. Select a story/set of stories and, focusing on one symbol, write an essay analyzing how that symbol functions in the work and what it reveals about the characters or themes of the work as a whole. The story i will be using is called the man to send the rain clouds by Leslie Marmon Silko Write about an object from story/symbol for essay. This essay is a critical analysis essay!!! No matter the choice, your purpose is to prove a thesis (an argument)—the point you want to make about your Critical Approach to literature and story/stories as a whole. Use appropriate literary terms in your essay (the prompts above are a starting point). I'm not looking for every term we've studied this semester but rather a discussion of elements you see occurring in your story (or stories). This paper should conform to MLA citation and manuscript standards. Check the Research Hub for specifics. In considering your prompt choice, you may also want to consider our "concepts" by week: initiation, crime and punishment, quests, epiphanies, heritage, forces of nature, mother and fathers, matters of conscience, and relationships. Any of these broad concepts might help in defining/clarifying the subjects of your essay. The purpose of your critical analysis is to show how your story (or group of two) "fits" with one of the Critical Approaches to Literature. Source Use: Your paper should demonstrate a close examination of ONE primary source (quotes from the story and the Critical Approach to Literature reading) and TWO secondary sources found via the Research Hub in Blackboard. Sources from the internet (dot coms) are out of bounds for this assignment (as in don’t use them, as they will result in lost points in the overall score). Total sources: 3 minimum (1 or 2 primary + 2 secondary). Finally, your paper should not be a report, a collection of long quotes from your research, or a biographical sketch of the writer. It should be your analysis of a particular aspect of the character/circumstance/action/time, developed and supported by your study of the text and your research. Your words (your argument) should comprise roughly 80% of the paper, with the remaining 20% quoted material (you'll probably need to use your sources more than once). Use these quotes to supplement your ideas and do your best to tell me why that quote is important. Source Citation (how those sources should look in the paper) Quotes from your text will follow a basic MLA form with a listed page, as in "this is quoted material" (Author Last Name + page #). Quotes from the research databases (like Ebscohost or GALE) will be a little different. Since these are published online, no page number is required, like so: "this is quoted material" (Author Last Name). 2 outside sources! 3 pages of essay and one seperate page for work/sources you will cite. Make sure there are quotes from the short story and from your 2 outside sources.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Click=Order Your Paper Now !